22 May Leadership & Entrepreneurship in Ireland – Day 8
Before the student departed for a weekend off on Friday, I asked each team to come up with reasons why you’d do business in Ireland. Here’s the collective list:
- Nice people! It’s all about relationships here in Ireland.
- English spoken – no language barrier (except the slang!).
- Economic growth opportunities. Ireland is on the rebound.
- Ireland is a gateway to continental Europe.
- Scalability and “trialability.” As a small country of 4,000,000 people, it’s a great test market for exports and pilot projects.
- Stable climate – not known for natural disasters, and no nuclear power facilities.
- Favorable tax climate.
- Favorable employer laws and high employee satisfaction ratings.
- Educated and talented work force.