02 Jun Catch-up Day in Ireland
Today is a Bank (or Public) Holiday here in Ireland – one of nine official holidays for the year. There are a number of events going on in Dublin today, but the most visible one was all the women runners participating in various runs for different charitable causes.
The students have two more days working in their start-up organizations, and then our last day will be a wrap-up and tour of NDRC. Listed below is what remains for the students:
1. For the presentations on June 16th, the following will be presented:
• Overview of the leader studied align with vision, values, strategy and goals.
• Overview of the leader’s team and challenges
• Leadership principles/theories utilized by the leader
• Effect of the leadership principles utilized on the team
• Strategic focus and organization design going forward
• What the leader has learned, and the advice imparted on the students?
• In addition, each team member will present a key take-away from the company project, and the most important thing learned from this course that will be used to become a more effective leader.
2. In addition, the students are working to create a leadership model and personal charter to include:
• Challenges they’re facing (or expect to face); and the implications of the challenges
• Organizations they expect to lead
• Core leadership principles they plan to adopt (and why)
• Ways in which they will improve their potential for leading change
• The most important thing they learned from the course that they will use to become a more effective leader.
And here again are the student’s daily blogs: