24 May Is The Vision for Your Team Big Enough?
Teams everywhere are BROKEN, and leaders need to ask the following three questions:
- Are the stakes big enough? Have you created a Point of No Return? Have you burned the boats?
- Have you created an environment where most of the people can do the right thing most of the time without supervision?
- Is the accountability to the right & left; or is it up & down? Do you have true commitment versus mere compliance, and is the loyalty to each other versus you and the organization?
- For leaders addressing the issues of a dysfunctional team, the best tool is the bathroom mirror accompanied by this question:
Can you push yourself out of your own comfort zone?
We had another round of five fine guest speakers today – all of whom are contributing to the burgeoning economy of Northern Ireland:
- Philip Maguire, Director of Finance & Administration, Catalyst Inc
- Mervyn Watley, Director of Corporate Real Estate & Facilities, Catalyst Inc
- Peter Hall, Committee Clerk, Northern Ireland Assembly
- Gary Hamilton, Founder and former CEO, Omiino
- Bryan Keating, Entrepreneur, Board Member, Angel Investor
The students also started working on projects in five fascinating start-up companies, and they’ll present what they learned (and delivered) on June 13th to the Irish Network of Colorado, and the Denver business community:
- Aiden Flynn, CEO, Exploristics
- Paul Brown, CEO, Displaynote
- Dan Loughlin, CEO, IRP Commerce
- David Crozier, Head of Strategic Partnerships & Engagement, Centre for Secure Information Technologies (CSIT) & ECIT Institute
- Philip McAleese, Founder, SeeSense
Lastly, listed below are all the links to the student’s brilliant blogs and insights about their work thus far!